Spice Factor – T’s & C’s
Spice Factor Specific TERMS & CONDITIONS – to be read alongside Sunrise Radio’s General Terms and Conditions
Summary Terms and Conditions:
UK, 18+ only. 10:00 23/09/21 – 23:59 07/10/21. Nominate yourself or someone you know by sending the nominee’s name and email address, two south Asian-inspired savoury recipes including: recipe names, ingredients, method, garnish, serving suggestion (if required) and the story behind the recipe (no more than 100 words) to email@example.com to be entered into the Competition. No purchase necessary. Prizes: Main Prize: 1 x Full day shoot of recipes and the winner at East End Foods HQ near Watford and 1 x Dinner for 6 at Café Spice Namaste and 1 x Year’s supply of East End and sister brands (TRS, CoFresh, FudCo and Everest). Runner Up Prize: 2 x £200 worth of East End products for your pantry. Internet access and email address required. Max 1 entry and Prize per person. Visit https://www.sunriseradio.com for full T&Cs & Prize details. Promoter: East End Foods, Vibrant Foods, Building 3 Croxley Park, Watford, Hertfordshire, England, WD18 8YG.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter OR Sunrise Radio, their agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. No purchase is necessary; however, internet access and a valid email address are required.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 10.00 BST on 23 September 2021 and 23.59 BST on the 7 October 2021 inclusive.
4. To Enter: Nominate yourself or someone you know by sending the nominee’s name and email address, two South Asian-inspired savoury recipes including: recipe names, ingredients, method, garnish, serving suggestion (if required) and the meaning/story behind the recipe (no more than 100 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered into the Competition.
5. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person during the Promotion Period. No person may win more than 1 Prize.
6. The Prizes: There will be a total of 3 winners.
a. Main Prize
i. 1 x Full day shoot of recipes and the winner at East End HQ near Watford
ii. Dinner for 6 at Cafe Spice Namaste
iii. 1 x Year’s supply of East End and sister brands (TRS, CoFresh, FudCo and Everest)
b. Runner Up
i. 2 x £200 worth of East End products for your pantry.
7. Further Entry & Prize Details and Conditions:
a. The savoury recipes submitted must be your own or that of the nominee.
b. Main Prize
i. The winner must be available week commencing 25 October for the shoot.
ii. The full day shoot includes travel up to the value of £100, food during the day, and ingredients and produce for the recipes will be provided, within reason (no expensive or hard to get ingredients).
iii. The winner will need a recipe repertoire to be able to shoot 6 recipes at the shoot – need to be suitable for a vegetarian alternative
iv. The shoot will be for maximum 6 hours.
v. The Dinner is up to the value is £720.
vi. Dinner to include a ‘flight of wines’ – glass of wine to match each course.
vii. Hot beverages, water and service are included in the dinner.
viii. Dinner to be redeemed within a year
ix. The 1 x Years supply of East End and sister brands will amount to a value of £400. Once the Winner is announced they will be sent £200 worth of product within 60 days and then another £200 worth of product at the 6-month point.
c. Runner Up Prize
i. Provided in product and will be sent to the runners up within 60 days of them being announced.
8. Winner Selection: All valid entries received during the Promotion Period (subject to moderation) will be independently judged within 5 working days from the close of the Promotion Period to select 5 shortlisted entries based on the following criteria:
b. The ability to include Vibrant Food’s ingredients within them
c. Ability to be made easily along with the story behind the recipes
The shortlisted entries will be contacted via phone for a 5-minute interview to discuss the recipes, cooked up by an in-house chef and will be judged by a panel of judges, within 21 working days from the close of the Promotion Period to select 3 winners based on the following criteria:
c. The ability to include Vibrant Food’s ingredients within them
d. Ability to be made easily along with the story behind the recipes
9. Winner Notification: The Provisional winners will be contacted via the email address provided on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be asked to provide evidence of identity and eligibility. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. If a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that entrant and award the Prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
10. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfillment of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a winner does not receive their notification within 28 days, the winner will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing email@example.com. If a winner does not do so, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at its sole discretion.
11. Provided no objection from the winners is received, a winners list will be made available by the Promoter 4 weeks after the close of the Promotion Period, for a period of 8 weeks. It will be available by sending a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners can object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during the Winner Notification process. However, without prejudice, the Promoter will provide winner information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
12. The Promoter may request that the winners participate in reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
13. The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotion and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your entries (and any of your associated aliases) will be disqualified, any Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
a. Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or provisional winners by requesting such information we consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Prize may be withheld unless and until verification is completed satisfactorily.
b. Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual entering the Promotion.
c. Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
d. Disqualify bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
e. Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for Text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
f. Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not fully meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
14. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute that element for another of equal or greater value.
15. If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions, or invalidate any affected entries and/or to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion.
16. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to email@example.com.
17. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
18. The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances of the Promoter.
20. If any part of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
21. By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
22. If there is a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and those in any promotional material, these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
23. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: East End Foods, Vibrant Foods Building 3 Croxley Park, Watford, Hertfordshire, England, WD18 8YG